Week Ending 29th January
Thursday was an interesting day. First my storytelling computer wouldn’t start. So I used my publishing computer to tell stories on. Now that, really didn’t work. So I managed to fix the computer and I spent the rest of the day (on and off) telling a story I had to complete for Friday. It’s still not complete but I managed to tell over 3k words of story in a little under 2.5 hours over 4 sessions.
On Friday I spent the morning finishing the story. (Thankfully the fix on my computer still’s holding strong.) The afternoon revolved around getting the house ready for a viewing and doing the viewing.
Saturday was a bit of quiet day (storytelling wise) but later in the day I did start another short story. It took a time to start as was inventing a whole new world in a different style than I normally write.
Great fun though.
Sunday, normally a day off for me, was packed with storytelling. I wrote, on and off, throughout the day ending with a word count of 6.2k. Finishing the story just a bit too late at night.
Monday. Today resistance hit hard. So much so that I cleaned the U bend and pipes from under the bathroom sink. Despite that I powered though and managed to tell 3.7k words of a new story.
Tuesday was a day when I planned to spend most of the day writing. In the end the story was finished during the morning leaving me plenty of time to sort the house out for an afternoon viewing.
This marks the end of the workshop and it’s short story assignments so I’ll be able to get back to the novel.
Wednesday: today I’ve had 2 appointments out of the house. One was late morning, the other early afternoon. And as I went to the library, in a third part of town, there’s been no storytelling for me today.